Help support a Food Justice Food Truck in Oakland!
Phat Beets Produce, Self Help Hunger Program, and The North Oakland Restorative Justice Council are working together to create a restorative economics program around healthy food in Oakland via the creation of the Food Justice Food Truck. The funds from this fundraiser will go to finishing the truck, getting it permitted, and hiring a part-time individual to coordinate the program.
Restorative Economics is about collectively building community-based economic systems that meet the needs of communities that have been most harmed by capitalism and racism, allowing us to provide for ourselves and our families in a dignified way.
Restorative Economics is the practice of economic self-determination using principles of restorative justice and connecting to community through meaningful work, connecting to mother earth by restoring balance in all we do including employment, and connecting to our authentic self through purposeful work.
This food justice food truck will be used to:
- Support new Women of Color food businesses through the Phat Beets Produce Kitchen Incubator Program
- Support youth jobs through the Phat Beetz Youth Pickle & Catering Co.
- Provide free, healthy, dignified community meals for houseless encampments in Oakland lead by the Self Help Hunger Program
- Nourish community restorative healing celebrations with the North Oakland Restorative Justice Council
- Up-lift youth Entrepreneurship in East Oakland through our partnerships with the Sustainable Urban Design Academy (SUDA) @Castlemont High School and the Grow Program @ Beyond Emancipation